Re: Questions re datapump import

  • From: "Jost," Jörg <Joerg.Jost@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 14:02:00 +0100

On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 12:52 +0000, John Dunn wrote:
> I want to use datapump export and import as simple method of backing
> up schemas in our development environments.
>
> i.e. to restore the schema to a previous state, I would import back
> into the same schema.
>
> If I do a full schema import using datapump, will the fact that the
> database objects already exist cause issues? Will data rows in tables
> be duplicated?
>
> Or is there a better way of backing up and restoreing a single schema?

Hi,

you are able to control the import process via a lot of configuration
variables.

Especially table_exist_action may be worth a look.

You can drop or truncate the table in front of the import process to
reach your goal. There are even more possibilities, so try
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e10701/dp_import.htm#i1007653

hth
Jörg Jost