Re: Question re dbms_monitor

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wjwagman@xxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 08:13:59 +0100

Hi, I'd love to have that sort of problem! The package does work on
it's own (tested 10.2 ). In general you'll want to warn them about
large numbers or size of trace files. Watch DBA_ENABLED_TRACES. In
10.2 there is DATABASE_TRACE_ENABLE which must've been added as a way
of filling filesystems really fast. Other than that I'd say you should
look after that developer well oh and point out DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO
as well.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA