Question re ORA-15072

  • From: "William Wagman" <wjwagman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 16:44:38 -0700

Greetings,

I am revisiting a question which I know has been posed before but I am
stuck and believe I have done everything according to specification.

I am trying to install a two-node RAC cluster, 10.2.0.1, Standard
Edition on RHEL3 Linux x86. I have configured the disks using oracleasm
as follows...

:/local/d02/oracle->cat /etc/sysconfig/rawdevices
# This file and interface are deprecated.
# Applications needing raw device access should open regular
# block devices with O_DIRECT.
# raw device bindings
#          <rawdev> <blockdev>
# example: /dev/raw/raw1 /dev/sda1
#          /dev/raw/raw2 8 5
/dev/raw/raw1 /dev/emcpowera1
/dev/raw/raw2 /dev/emcpowera2
/dev/raw/raw3 /dev/emcpowera3
:/local/d02/oracle->raw -qa
[root@banacek ~]# raw -qa
/dev/raw/raw1:  bound to major 120, minor 1
/dev/raw/raw2:  bound to major 120, minor 2
/dev/raw/raw3:  bound to major 120, minor 3
[root@banacek init.d]# ./oracleasm listdisks
GROUP1
[root@banacek init.d]# ./oracleasm querydisk GROUP1
Disk "GROUP1" is a valid ASM disk on device [120, 3]

And I have these entries in the /etc/sysconfig/oracleasm...
# ORACLEASM_SCANORDER: Matching patterns to order disk scanning
ORACLEASM_SCANORDER=emcpower

# ORACLEASM_SCANEXCLUDE: Matching patterns to exclude disks from scan
ORACLEASM_SCANEXCLUDE="sdc sdd sde sdf"

Which I think is correct. When I ran the DBCA to configure ASM I chose
external redundancy and the screen which shows the candidate disks shows
both
ORCL:GROUP1
/dev/raw/raw3
I chose ORCL:GROUP1. On went the DBCA and when it gets to the step of
configuring ASM it throws an ORA-15072, which, as others have puzzled
over makes no sense to me when external redundancy has been chosen. The
instance is up and I can query v$asm_disk but it shows that the
header_status is unknown for the chosen disk. It also lists
/dev/raw/raw3 with a header status of provisioned. /dev/raw/raw2 is the
voting disk.

GROUP_NUMBER DISK_NUMBER COMPOUND_INDEX INCARNATION MOUNT_S HEADER_STATU
MODE_ST
------------ ----------- -------------- ----------- ------- ------------
-------
STATE    REDUNDA
-------- -------
LIBRARY
TOTAL_MB
----------
   FREE_MB NAME                           FAILGROUP
---------- ------------------------------ ------------------------------
LABEL
-------------------------------
PATH
--------
UDID
PRODUCT                          CREATE_DA MOUNT_DAT REPAIR_TIMER
READS
-------------------------------- --------- --------- ------------
----------
    WRITES  READ_ERRS WRITE_ERRS  READ_TIME WRITE_TIME BYTES_READ
BYTES_WRITTEN
---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------
-------------
           0           0              0           0 CLOSED  FOREIGN
ONLINE
NORMAL   UNKNOWN
System
978
         0

/dev/raw/raw2

                                                                0

           0           2              2           0 CLOSED  UNKNOWN
ONLINE
NORMAL   UNKNOWN
ASM Library - Generic Linux, version 2.0.2 (KABI_V2)
59484
         0
GROUP1
ORCL:GROUP1

                                                                0

           0           1              1           0 CLOSED  PROVISIONED
ONLINE
NORMAL   UNKNOWN
System
59484
         0

/dev/raw/raw3

I am thoroughly puzzled and if anyone has any suggestions they would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Bill Wagman
Univ. of California at Davis
IET Campus Data Center