Re: Question on bigfiles

  • From: Surachart Opun <surachart@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: achoto@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 22:50:26 +0700

If you use big tablespace with ASM, that perfect with VLDB...
Bigfile will reduce number datafiles. Improve checkpointing, and database
opens faster...
reduce overhead to manage large number of datafiles.

with Bigfile tablespaces... RMAN will use only ONE channel to backup a
bigfile.

Surachart Opun
http://surachartopun.com