RE: Question on Oracle 10g database control

  • From: "Mandal, Ashoke" <ashoke.k.mandal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 21:50:20 -0500

Greetings All

I finally resolved my issue.

The root cause was that I had incorrect version of emca command, which I copied
from Oracle 10.2.0.2 home to Oracle 10.2.0.4 home.

So effectively it was trying to process under Oracle 10.2.0.2 home and causing
all the problem.

I edited the emca script to reflect the correct oracle home and changed from
ORACLE_HOME="/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_2" to

ORACLE_HOME="/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_4" and the following command
helped me to create/configure database control.

UNIX> emca -config dbcontrol db -repos create

Thank you all who provided helpful tips towards my investigation.

Ashoke