Re: Question on ASM LUN size and adding datafiles

  • From: Taral Desai <taral.desai@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ksmadduri@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 12:25:30 -0600

ASM
----
The way it distribute data you might end up with error saying that there is
no space on other disk to replicate data. I can't remember exact error.
Other issue would be combination of different disksize like lets say 10gb (3
disk group) you added 20 GB 4 th disk. in that you will not able to use more
then 10g. That relate to same as first issue.

Datafiles
----
Test Your self. Oracle need to format block before it has to write to it so
if it's done prior or latter i think doesn't make much difference in work
wise. Only thing is while you are running your load process if it's taking
to much resources then formatting make take bit time due to other latencies
but that can be a not a major difference performance wise.

I may be wrong so test it and see what happens.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Taral Desai