Re: Question of invisible column such as functiton index?

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: anysql@xxxxxxxxx, Oracle-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 21:25:10 +0800

I wonder if such questions should be answered here. I guess you are asking this
question so as to be able to write a better MYDUL ?

"A little learning is a dangerous thing".

Hemant
At 08:52 AM Tuesday, Lou Fangxin wrote:
Hi all:

As we know in sys.col$ table, the "COL#" column define the display order of columns, while the "SEGCOL#" column define the storage order in segment, and when we add a function index, there will be an invisible column, how ever the COL# and SEGCOL# columns value are zero. Then in which order the table columns stored? How about I add a new column to table after create the function index?

--
Welcome, Fangxin.Lou from China
MYDUL, alternative to DUL !!!

Hemant K Chitale