Question about oracle install 10g

  • From: "Zelli, Brian" <Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 15:02:52 -0400

This is for HP UX itanium, oracle 10g R2.

When I go to do the oracle install, I get the following:

Checking for PHSS_33278; found Not found.               Failed <<<<

It is only a warning about the install.  The issue is a patch for c++ at
the operating system layer.  Our sys admin seems to think that from
looking at the HP website it looks like c++ is a purchased add on, not
part of the standard OS.

My questions.
Does this seem right(that it is a purchased add on)?
And if so, can I continue the install without this?

ciao,
Brian

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential
information.  If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or
agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended
recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited.  If you have received
this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and
delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.