Re: Question about hugepages, shared memory, and /dev/shm....

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 16:33:27 -0500 (CDT)

Andrew replies:

> The usage is the same with regard to amm/asmm i dont know about the
> /dev/shm issue.
> On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 4:11 PM, Saad Khan <saad4u@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Nice thread but how about AIX where we've "large pages"?

With this clarification on AIX page sizes:

Small/default = 4K
Medium = 64K
Large = 16M
Huge = 16G

...AMM can be used with large pages, as per MOS 1507249.1:

"AMM can be used with pinned 16 MB pages, provided the formula for
calculating the number of large pages (above) is modified to number of large

I'm researching when to use 16M pages, as I'm looking towards a new 200+GB