Re: Question about building physical standby from hot backup

  • From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: deshpande.subodh@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 14:05:55 -0300

rman has a nice little feature called duplicate for standby. It will take
care of everything. (you may need to manually create the standby redologs
in the new primary, if you haven't already done so).
You may want to take a look at dataguard broker, it will do everything for
you... but it's in the "this is new and we have to iron out some bugs"
stage. I expect the 12g version will be more stable :P

also, in 11.2 you can use duplicate from active database: rman > duplicate
target database for standby from active database... so you don't even need
a shared backup location!

hth
Alan.-

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 4:41 AM, Subodh Deshpande <deshpande.subodh@xxxxxxxxx