Re: Question about RAC

  • From: amonte <ax.mount@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 06:35:23 +0100

rjamya

there wont be vpart, lpart and such, lets make a bit easier, imagine you
have two small PCs running 2 instance each, 4 instances in total and
supporting 2 RAC Databases, 4 instances shares Memory, CPU, Interconnect. Is
is logical?

you said you run 55 RAC in two nodes but then you say you have a instance
per node....?!

On 10/31/06, rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Multiple RAC databases on two nodes? Sure, we run 55+ RAC databases on high end IBM servers. Shared storage for each and one instance per node.

Works fine. Why would that be not-logical per your original post?

Raj