RE: Question about Append hint in Insert

  • From: "David Kurtz" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 23:03:43 +0100

But if the table has an index, and even if you use the NOLOGGING hint (and
create the table and index NOLOGGING too)
it appears that you still generate redo when maintaining the index.
The only way I have found to avoid redo on the index is to populate the
table and then build the index NOLOGGING.
(am I missing anything?)

Attached is a simple test script and my output on 9.2.0.5.

David Kurtz