Re: Querying v$ tables very slow after upgrade

  • From: "Ian Cary" <Ian.Cary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Patty.Charlebois@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 10:02:47 +0100

There is a patch 5029334 which includes a script catspace.sql to rebuild a
number of the space views ( e.g. *_SEGMENTS , *_EXTENTS) It sounds as if
your problem is a bit more widespread but it may help.
The bug affects 10.2.0.1 , 10.2.0.2 and 10.2.0.3 and the patch certainly
improved the perfomance on DBA_EXTENTS on the 10.2.0.2 database I'm using.

Cheers,

Ian

|---------+------------------------------->
|         |           Patty.Charlebois@gre|
|         |           enshield.ca         |
|         |           Sent by:            |
|         |           oracle-l-bounce@free|
|         |           lists.org           |
|         |                               |
|         |                               |
|         |           25/06/2007 17:46    |
|         |           Please respond to   |
|         |           Patty.Charlebois    |
|         |                               |
|---------+------------------------------->

  |       To:       Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                 |
  |       cc:
                                 |
  |       Subject:  Querying v$ tables very slow after upgrade

After upgrading our production database from 9.2.0.7 to 10.2.0.3 yesterday
we are having severe performance problems when trying to query
any dba_* view or v$* view.

I checked and stats were gathered for all SYS tables during the upgrade,
the last_analyzed date is the time of the upgrade.

Thanks,

Patty

This e-mail is confidential, intended solely for the use of the
recipient(s) to whom it was addressed. If you have received it
in error, please do not copy or distribute this e-mail. We ask
that you notify us immediately by replying to the sender and
then delete this e-mail. E-mail sent or received over the
internet may not be secure. You should use caution when sending
e-mail messages containing private and confidential information
or consider other secure means to send the information. If you
have any questions regarding the authenticity or security of
the e-mail you have received please do not hesitate to contact
us at 1-800-265-5615.

Ce message de courriel est confidentiel et s'adresse uniquement
à la personne indiquée.  Si vous l'avez reçu par erreur,
veuillez ne pas copier ni distribuer ce message de courriel.
Nous vous demandons de nous aviser immédiatement en répondant à
l'expéditeur, puis en supprimant ce message.  Les messages
envoyés ou reçus par courriel pourraient ne pas être sécurisés.
Vous devriez être prudent lorsque vous envoyez des messages de
courriel contenant des renseignements confidentiels et privés
ou songer à prendre d'autres moyens sécurisés pour envoyer les
renseignements.  Si vous avez des questions concernant
l'authenticité ou la sécurité d'un courriel que vous avez reçu,
n'hésitez pas à communiquer avec nous au 1 800 265-5615.

This email was received from the INTERNET and scanned by the Government
Secure Intranet Anti-Virus service supplied by Cable&Wireless in
partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2006/04/0007.) In
case of problems, please call your organisation's IT Helpdesk.
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or
recorded for legal purposes.

For the latest data on the economy and society consult National Statistics at
http://www.statistics.gov.uk

Please Note:  Incoming and outgoing email messages are routinely monitored for
compliance with our policy on the use of electronic communications

Legal Disclaimer  :  Any views expressed by the sender of this message are not
necessarily those of the Office for National Statistics

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure
Intranet Anti-Virus service supplied by Cable&Wireless in partnership with
MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2006/04/0007.) On leaving the GSi this
email was certified virus free.