Querying MS Sql from Oracle

  • From: Ana Choto <achoto@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 11:05:56 -0500

We have some MS Sql databases and need to run some queries from Oracle.
Our Oracle database is at 9.2.0.8 version running on Solaris.  According to
Oracle we need to set up a Database Gateway for ODBC either on a Windows
platform, Linux or Solaris.

Our MS Sql server is 64 bit, and apparently  DG4ODBC is only certified for
32 bit on Windows and Linux.  If on Solaris a third party like the ODBC
driver from Data Direct Technologies is needed, and the 9i database needs
to be patched.  After installing DG4ODBC a listener and tnsnames.ora need
to be configured.  Then a database link needs to be created on Oracle.

The 9i database has something called hsodbc but Oracle says that is not
certified anymore.

Has someone in the list done something like this?

Thank you

Ana

Ana E. Choto
Oracle Database Administrator
American University
Office of Information Technology
Phone (202) 885-2275
Fax      (202) 885-2224

** AU IT will never ask for your password via e-mail.
Don't share your password with anyone!