RE: Query tuning exercise: what to look for in a 10053 trace

  • From: "Schultz, Charles" <sac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 14:04:47 -0500

That makes sense. Since the long-running query has not yet completed, it
is rather hard to know the "real" number of rows at each step (as
opposed to the estimate). The cardinality reported by autotrace (and the
10053 trace) do not differ by much, but I have to assume that this
little difference is having a huge impact on the ordering. Perhaps the
straw that broke the camel's back.

Thanks for the feedback.