RE: Query execution time

  • From: "Gogala, Mladen" <Mladen.Gogala@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'RStephenson@xxxxxxxx'" <RStephenson@xxxxxxxx>, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 16:39:16 -0500

There is. Record elapsed time programatically using timer_gettime or
Time::HiRes,
then add all those collected times and divide by the number of executions.
Another method is to multiply all the collected values and take the N-th
root
from that product, where the number N is the number of samples. The third
way is
just to observe the most frequently appearing value.

--
Mladen Gogala
A & E TV Network