Re: [Q] what differtent between logical standby database and physicalstandby DB?

I haven't played with Logical Standby but I did read a little about
it...  Some other items that are mentioned in the docs...

1) Logical Standy will allow you to exclude objects from replication

So, you can replicate only the portion of the database you care about

2) Logical Standby will allow you modify the objects in the standby database

For example, you could replicate your OLTP database using logical
standby and use the standby as a reporting instance...  Since the
demands of the reporting instance are different, you could add different
indexes, views, MV and such to the standby that do not exist in the
primary...

3) Logical Standby has a number of datatype and object type limitations

No IOT's...  No tables with compression...  No LONG's, varrays, nested
tables, user defined types etc...

However, someone who has actually played with this may be able give some
insight as to whether this actually works as advertised...

Tim