RE: [Q] java insert data to database and auto commit?

  • From: "Justin Cave (DDBC)" <jcave@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 14:05:40 -0700

By default, JDBC will issue a commit after every successful operation.  You can
change that default rather easily in the program, however, so you might check
there.

If the Java application's database connection were broken, Oracle would
rollback any uncommitted changes.  If the application was in autocommit mode,
however, that would only rollback the current statement execution.

My first hunch is that someone turned off autocommit on the database.  My next
hunch is that an error is thrown when the statement is executed and the Java
application is catching and ignoring the error.

Justin Cave
Distributed Database Consulting, Inc.
http://www.ddbcinc.com/askDDBC