RE: [Q] import schema but not with procedures/functions?

  • From: <jim.silverman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <mccdba1@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 15:55:45 -0400

Well, this is kinda kludgy, and I'm not really sure I fully understand
what you're trying to accomplish, but you might try revoking CREATE
PROCEDURE from the user into whose schema you're importing this file.
The statements in the dump file to create these objects will obviously
fail, generating corresponding errors in the log file, but this
shouldn't hurt anything.  You can then re-grant this privilege to the
use once the import has finished.

Jim Silverman
Senior Systems Database Administrator
Solucient, LLC - A Thomson Company