Re: [Q] download ORACLE software??

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Tom Fox" <tom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 15:58:09 -0700

On 5/1/06, Tom Fox <tom@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I must be missing something. The license says Oracle will not support the programs delivered under the OTN agreement, so it would include the software, as seen in the quote I included originally..

Yes, you are missing something.

The quote supplied in the original post says no support will be offered
for "programs licensed under this agreement"

Which agreement is that?  The one on OTN for development use.

In part, it says this:

"We grant you a nonexclusive, nontransferable limited license to use the
programs only for the purpose of developing a single prototype of your
application, and not for any other purpose. "

If you already have licensing in place for Oracle which
includes support, this really doesn't apply to you.

If you don't have a license, you will not be able to access MetaLink,
which is the primary means of support.

Hope that clears it up.

Jared