Re: [Q] download ORACLE software??

  • From: Tom Fox <tom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Fuad Arshad <fuadar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 17:11:59 -0400 (EDT)

Additionally, Oracle does not provide support for software downloaded via
OTN.
<QUOTE>
No Technical Support
Our technical support organization will not provide technical support,
phone support, or updates to you for the programs licensed under this
agreement.
</QUOTE>

However, support is provided (given you have a valid support
contract) for software downloaded through edelivery.  How can they tell?
I have no idea.

In other words, if I were deploying a production database, I would
download through edelivery.  No sense in taking a chance.

--Tom