Re: Q: RAC and non-RAC databases on same servers

  • From: Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thomas_arnezeder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thomas_arnezeder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 22:02:33 +0200

We were using Oracle 9i rolling patches installation from time to
time. Oracle has only recently started marking patches as rolling.
However, old patches are normally rolling as well and we asked few
times in TARs to check whether certain patch is rolling even though
OPatch said it's not. In your case I guess you meant that your
specific patch wasn't rolling.

We never used OPatch or Installer on "live" oracle homes. I don't
trust these buggy tools and we always apply patches in advance in
separate oracle homes and without any RAC "automation" from either
OPatch or Installer.

Regards,
Alex

2005/4/20, thomas_arnezeder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <thomas_arnezeder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx=
om>:
> I opened a TAR a month ago regarding this question (4271955.994). Oracle =
support determined that at this time, rolling patch upgrade for RAC is not =
possible. At some point, both/all sides have to be down.
>=20
> Check out document 244241.1 and 282108.1 (Q 31) for more information on t=
hat