Re: [Q] ORACLE support bilk insert like SQL server??

  • From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mccdba1@xxxxxxxxx, "Goulet, Dick" <richard.goulet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 09:55:17 -0700 (PDT)

perhaps an external table is what you are wanting?? Then the insert statement
could use an append hint.

Say you had an external file called X. You can create an external table (9i and
later) that allows you to access that external file from the database like a
database table. This is called an external table. Call this table TAB_X.

You could then use an insert /*+ APPEND */ command to use direct mode to read
the external table data and import it into the database:

insert /*+ APPEND */ into NEW_TAB select * from TAB_X.

Is this what you are wanting?

 Robert G. Freeman
Author:
Portable DBA: Oracle  (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i New Feature
Blog: http://robertgfreeman.blogspot.com (Oracle Press)