Re: Purchasing MOS access

  • From: Janine Ohmer <janine@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 09:24:05 -0800

Last update - I tried again last night to register, despite not having received
anything further from Oracle, and this time it accepted my CSI and took my
personal information but left me with a message that my registration had to be
approved.  I received the approval email during the night, and was finally able
to log in this morning.

I haven't tried downloading anything yet but it looks like I can see patches
for all products.

janine

On Feb 16, 2011, at 8:50 AM, Janine Ohmer wrote:

> Heads up to anyone else interested in this - two of us who bought our
> licenses yesterday are receiving "This Support Identifier does not allow
> registration" errors from support.oracle.com.  I also tried
> supporthtml.oracle.com and got "This Support Identifier does not allow new
> users registration".
>
> Has anyone run into this and managed to get past it, or are we SOL?  My hunch
> is that enough people have taken advantage of this loophole that they have
> blocked it.  If one were doing things "by the book", one would already have a
> CSI for some flavor of the database and this would always be a secondary CSI.
>
> janine
>
> On Feb 15, 2011, at 2:15 PM, Janine Ohmer wrote:
>
>> Interesting - I only paid $2.44 for mine, today.  What a wonderful example
>> of the craziness of Oracle pricing! :)
>>
>> Now I'm waiting for my shiny new CSI to be "activated".  With luck, a
>> completely automated process.  Even though I'm not doing anything wrong, I
>> would hate to have to prove that to the License Police.
>>
>> janine
>>
>> On Feb 15, 2011, at 11:17 AM, Bobak, Mark wrote:
>>
>>> Actually, I just did this less than a month ago.  The price is now $10.35,
>>> but it's still a pretty good deal.
>>>
>>> -Mark
>>
>> --
>> //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l