Re: Purchasing MOS access

  • From: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jwilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 09:07:21 -0800 (PST)

> How does $2.67 sound?
> You might want to look at my article on doing this.
> http://www.bluegecko.net/oracle/how-i-got-access-to-my-oracle-support-mos-for-us2-67/

Jeremiah,

Excellent! I suppose that allows you to read and search any published article,
but not download patches for Oracle database servers?

Related to this, I wrote the following a few years ago:

* How to Get an Account [on Metalink] without Buying Support

There's no free lunch under the sun. But Oracle Metalink allows you to use
somebody else's account as
long as you're working with him (her) to solve a problem. This means a lot to
independent consultants.
You can ask the person you're helping to solve a problem that his company add
you to their Metalink
account list. Technically, once you're done with the help or consulting work,
your account should be
removed. But they may be willing to keep you on the list either for being nice
or expecting your help
soon.

Yong Huang