Profile on RAC

  • From: "Oliver Jost" <Oliver.Jost@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 12:11:06 -0500

Hi All,
   Just a small issue I wanted to throw out there in case someone might
have input.  I have a 2 node cluster on which I have a profile given to
all users... under normal circumstances the user is limited to 3
concurrent sessions (previously on our standalone).  Unfortunately, it
seems that the profile is limited per node and the users can have 6
concurrent sessions if the load balancer passes them to the second
node... Without handling the number of sessions programmatically... am I
missing something?  I would ultimately like to restrict the number of
sessions globally (i.e. regardless of instance on the cluster the user
should be restricted to 3 sessions).

Thank you,
     Oliver