From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Charles Schultz
Sent: 17 July 2009 15:01
To: ORACLE-L
Subject: Production problem: Fuzzy standby database

Good day,

I have a feeling my head is not screwed on right this morning, so
forgive me if I am missing something obvious. We have a 10.2.0.2
physical standby on Solaris 10; when put into any kind of recovery mode,
all the datafiles have this message in the alert log:
Warning: Datafile nnn (xxx) is media recovery fuzzy
Standby database will not open with this datafile online!

Applying more redo has not helped, yet. Not finding much on google or
metalinks, and I hate to open an SR at this point because our experience
is that they typically take a long time.

Any quick thoughts? Or rather, let me clearly state I would rather not
have guesses at this point, but solutions that are known to work and
would be relevant to us.

--
Charles Schultz

individual or entity named. If you are not the named addressee you should not
disseminate, distribute or copy this email.
Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail
by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot
be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted,
corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The
sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the
contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If
verification is required please request a hard-copy version. This message is
provided for informational purposes and should not be construed as an
invitation or offer to buy or sell any securities or related financial
instruments. GAM operates in many jurisdictions and is regulated or licensed in
those jurisdictions as required.
To the extent this email has been sent to you by any GAM company domiciled in
the EU, being GAM (U.K.) Limited, GAM Sterling Management Limited, GAM
International Management Limited, GAM London Limited, GAM Fund Management
Limited, or GAM Fonds Marketing GmbH i.L., please note the following details in
respect of each such company: - GAM (U.K.) Limited (a company limited by shares
and registered in England and Wales with company number 01664573); - GAM
Sterling Management Limited (a company limited by shares and registered in
England and Wales with company number 01750352); - GAM International Management
Limited (a company limited by shares and registered in England and Wales with
company number 01802911); - GAM London Limited (a company limited by shares and
registered in England and Wales with company number with Company Number
00874802) Each of Registered Office: 12 St. James's Place, London, SW1A 1NX
GAM Sterling Management Limited, GAM International Management Limited and GAM
London Limited are each authorised and regulated by the Financial Services
Authority. GAM Fund Management Limited (a company limited by shares and
registered in Ireland with no. 156828) of Registered Office: George's Court
54-62 Townsend Street Dublin 2, Ireland
GAM Fonds Marketing GmbH, i.L. (a company limited by shares and registered in
Germany under No. HRB 66857) of Friedrichstrasse 154, D-10117 Berlin, Germany.
The competent Commercial Register is "Amtsgericht Charlottenburg" in Berlin.
Liquidator: Daniel Durrer.