RE: Production problem: Fuzzy standby database

  • From: <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 10:07:06 -0400

The last time I saw fuzzy in relation to a restore was when I was
proving that you had to put the tablespaces in backup mode (pre-1995)
before one backs them up to tape.

The network admins copied the datafiles off to tape on a live database.
Upon restore they were all fuzzy.   I'm thinking perhaps something
similar has occurred here.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
904 727-2546