Production problem: Fuzzy standby database

  • From: Charles Schultz <sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 09:01:23 -0500

Good day,
I have a feeling my head is not screwed on right this morning, so forgive me
if I am missing something obvious. We have a 10.2.0.2 physical standby on
Solaris 10; when put into any kind of recovery mode, all the datafiles have
this message in the alert log:
Warning: Datafile nnn (xxx) is media recovery fuzzy
Standby database will not open with this datafile online!

Applying more redo has not helped, yet. Not finding much on google or
metalinks, and I hate to open an SR at this point because our experience is
that they typically take a long time.

Any quick thoughts? Or rather, let me clearly state I would rather not
have guesses at this point, but solutions that are known to work and would
be relevant to us.

--
Charles Schultz