Re: Production Database Crash Recovery process - Some immediate advice ASAP pls

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: post.ethan@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 22:21:15 +0800

You would need to apply redo logs if your clone does not include
all the redo that was generated while the database was in backup mode.
When taking a hot backup (whether through Scripted Copies, Snapshots or SnapClones)
you must force SWITCH LOGFILE -- or better, ARCHIVELOG CURRENT --
for the online redo logs (I always take two online redo logs) and include
these archivelogs in your backup set.

If the Hot Backup began at 10AM and completed at 11:45AM, you must switch
and archive the CURRENT and ACTIVE REDO LOG files out and include these
Archivelog in your  backupset.
If it was a Snapshot/Snapclone backup where the database was in backup mode
for only a few seconds or a minute, you must *still* switch and archive the
CURRENT and ACTIVE REDO LOG files out and include the Archivelogs
in your backup set.

Hemant

At 11:55 PM Tuesday, Ethan Post wrote:
Did this get fixed? I frequently need to apply recovery from one of
the redo logs when cloning databases. I am not sure what causes this
but I know it works. I guess I ought to figure out why, anyone know
the answer to that? File 1 is system I think that is usually the same
error I see when redo log is required for recovery.
- Ethan

On 2/11/06, VIVEK_SHARMA <VIVEK_SHARMA@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> With a Production Crash on Hands, some urgent advice would help Folks:-
>
> Aim - To Recover the Database upto 6 pm Point in time of 11 Feb 2006.
>
> Using CANCEL based recovery upon attempting to open the Databse
> following Error is occurring:-
>
> ORA-01194: file 1 needs more recovery to be consistent

Hemant K Chitale
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~hkchital

-- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l