________________________________

From: Dennis Williams [mailto:oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2007 12:47 AM

Vivek,

Is this a locally-managed tablespace?I would assume in 10g, but just
thought I'd ask the obvious. Maybe I've worked with users too much.

Dennis Williams

________________________________

Sent: Monday, January 22, 2007 11:48 PM
Folks

In a 3 TB TEST Database in 10gR2, a 700 GB Table needs to be DROPPED.

This Table is present in a Unique Tablespace.

Which of the following Options is Most Advisable w.r.t. performance,
speed & ease of Drop:-

1) DROP the Respective Tablespace including contents

2) Truncate the Table -> Drop the Table

3) Drop the Table

4) Some Other Option?

Thanks indeed

notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are
not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other
person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses.
Infosys has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not
liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail.
You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or
attachment. Infosys reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all
messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this
e-mail address may be stored on the Infosys e-mail system.