Re: Procedure Invalid - Urgent

  • From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 19:36:21 -0700 (PDT)

Raj

  These are Application Procedure who become invalid and yes it is 10g. IS the
following definition are different

  In Prod
  create table emp(
  col1   VARCHAR2(4000 CHAR),
col 2  VARCHAR2(4000 CHAR),
col 3 VARCHAR2(4000 CHAR)
  )

  In QA
  create table emp(
  col1   VARCHAR2(4000),
col 2  VARCHAR2(4000),
col 3 VARCHAR2(4000)
)

  I have Materialized view on these tables on both QA and Prod. It look like
this materialized view become invalid at each refresh and hence all procedure
using this MV become invalid. This is my initial finding. I am thankfull if
somebody correct that both above ddl are same

  TIA
  Sanjay

rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  since you say recyclebin, I guess you are on 10g, so are those
procedures owned by SYS? if so it is normal then due to AWR activity.
There is periodic partition add/drop activity and that causes some SYS
packages to go invalid. This will NOT affect your production
applications. It is documented as such on Metablink.

Or, you are talking about procedures in non SYS schema?
HTHs
Raj

wrote:

> Hi
>
> Look for something dropping an object these use.
> I had an application that did a batch load and the developers had decided to
> drop a table as part of the clean up of the staging point before loading new
> data. It always invalidated the procedures that were called to load the data
> to its eventual location
> I had them alter the clean up to truncate of the staging tables
>
> HTH
>
> Peter McLarty
> Technical Consultant
> Service Delivery