Re: Problems with "skgpspawn failed:category = 27143, depinfo = 9261, op = spdcr, loc = skgpspawn"

  • From: "Richard Saints" <saints.richard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Paul Drake" <bdbafh@xxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 14:51:45 +0100

Hi Paul,
thanks for your contact.
The /3GB switch is not set in the boot.ini, but my Oracle instance is not
using more than 1,7Gb. Do you think it's necessary to activate this switch
due to other processes that might be running on the server ?
I don't know much about Windows, I'm a UNIX oriented guy :)

Thanks,
Ricardo Bateiras.

On 5/17/07, Paul Drake <bdbafh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

is the switch /3GB set in the boot.ini?

On 5/17/07, Richard Saints <saints.richard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello to you all,
>
> I'm experiencing some problems with an Oracle Database (10g release 1 -
> 10.1.0.2) on a Windows Server (2000 Advanced Server - SP4).
>
> I'm repeatedly getting the following error on the alert.log file:
>
> skgpspawn failed:category = 27143, depinfo = 9261, op = spdcr, loc =
> skgpspawn
>
> When this happens, the processes become slow and after a while the DB
stops
> to accept new connections. This last situation didn't loged any ORA
error on
> alert.log. From what I investigated so far, it seems to be a lack of
> resources problem, probably memory. I don't have any other error
associated
> with this situation, like ORA-04030, for example. I'm a bit confused and
> would appreciate some help.
>
> The server where I'm running the Oracle Database has the following
> characteristics:
>
> HP Proliant DL380
>
> 2 x Pentium Xeon 3,2 GHz
>
> 4 GB of RAM
>
> HP Smart Array SCSI controller
>
> 2x36GB SCSI RAID 1 internal discs with 2 logical drives:
>
> C drive for OS
>
> D drive for Logs
>
> 4x146 GB SCSI RAID 5 internal discs with 1 logical drive:
>
> F drive for data
>
> Paging size on C drive (2048-4096)
>
> Should I increase the paging size ?
>

> I've the Total SGA size and the Maximum SGA size with the same value
(1536
> MB). The Automatic Shared Memory Management is Enabled.
>
> The Aggregate PGA  target is 331 MB
>
> Here's a list of my Oracle initialization parameters:
>
> compatible = 10.1.0.2.0
>
> db_block_size = 8192
>
> __db_cache_size = 1275068416
>
> db_cache_size = 16777216
>
> db_domain = ''
>
> db_file_multiblock_read_count = 16
>
> db_name = NESFA
>
> db_recovery_file_dest =
> F:\oracle\product\10.1.0\flash_recovery_area
>
> db_recovery_file_dest_size = 53687091200
>
> dispatchers = '(PROTOCOL=TCP) (SERVICE=NESFAXDB)'
>
> __java_pool_size = 8388608
>
> java_pool_size = 8388608
>
> job_queue_processes = 10
>
> __large_pool_size = 8388608
>
> large_pool_size = 8388608
>
> open_cursors = 3000
>
> pga_aggregate_target = 347078656
>
> processes = 250
> sessions = 280
> sga_max_size = 1610612736
>
> sga_target = 1610612736
>
> __shared_pool_size = 310378496
>
> shared_pool_size = 8388608
>
> sort_area_size = 65536
>
> undo_management = AUTO
> undo_tablespace = UNDOTBS1
> parallel_max_servers = 80
> parallel_server = FALSE
> parallel_server_instances = 1
> parallel_threads_per_cpu = 2
> max_dispatchers = NULL
> max_shared_servers = NULL
>

> shared_servers = 1

> [...]

USADA and WADA are broken and not worth fixing. Boycott professional
sports. Avoid patronizing their advertisers. Don't buy tickets to NBA,
NFL, MLBB, NHL and especially Pro Cycling.