Re: Problem flushing shared pool on 11.1.0.7 HP-UX Itanium

  • From: Mathias Magnusson <mathias.magnusson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aleon68@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 17:55:47 +0200

Surely, flushing the shared pool is far from being a best practice. I don't
think that is the solution, as it is probably not solving the real problem

Isn't the size of SGA contributing? Would it not be that as you have
increased it to be this beg more things are kept there and as a result more
CPU can be spent on spinning for a latch?

There seems to have been a few issues with this in 11G, but it also seems
that they were *supposed* to have ben fixed in 11g. It may be worthwhile
getting Oracle support to tell you if you are running into a bug.

If it's not a bug, then tracking the actual issue may help more than
figuring out issues with flushing the shared pool unless that is the actual
thing you ned to make work. It sounds as if you are rather trying to fix
issues with a workaround you're using.

Mathias