Re: Problem adding a join to a hierarchial query

  • From: Mike Spragg <meltedpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:42:31 -0600

No - Each "root" in the PROVIDER_CONTRACT_STATUS table can have 0 to
many "leafs".

I think the problem I have is that only the current
provider_contract_status_id (or "root") has a tie back to get the
provider_id from the PROVIDER table.  What I am trying to do is apply
that associated provider_id to all the "leafs" that I get from the
"root".  I can tie it to the "root" but all "leafs" have a NULL
provider_id.

Hope that makes some sense.