Re: Privilege - View (ORA-1031)

  • From: "Shivaswamy Raghunath" <shivaswamykr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Kerber, Andrew" <Andrew.Kerber@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 14:17:16 -0500

Andrew,

May be I was not clear.?

I understand with Select any table, User C is able to select from view V.
But my question is why Select any table is required, when privlege to select
on the view is already there.?

Shiva

On 1/2/07, Kerber, Andrew <Andrew.Kerber@xxxxxxx> wrote:

 Yes, I think that is the definition of select any table.  You can select
on any table or view in the database.

Andrew W. Kerber
Oracle DBA
UMB

"If at first you dont succeed, dont take up skydiving"