Re: Primary gets ora-16009 when attempting a heartbeat with standby

  • From: "Charles Schultz" <sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "David Barbour" <david.barbour1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 14:09:28 -0500

We did mention that bug back when we filed the SR, and eventually Oracle
Support said:
"your Standby does not use VALID_FOR=(ONLINE_LOGFILE, PRIMARY_ROLE) in the
LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST parameter."

"Can't hurt. I don't think." I am going to stick the BAAG on you guys! =) I
do not think service registration is the issue at all, since I can reproduce
the symptoms by merely switching the log_arch_dest_2 parameter back to the
known problematic alias. Keep in mind that the service_name has never
changed, only the alias we are using to get to it.

Oh the joys of Oracle. I am just waiting for the Oracle trolls to say *
something*.... *grin*

For the curious (and have all the proper privs), the two SRs I have are
7057019.994 and 19545566.6.

--
Charles Schultz