Portable DBA: Oracle

  • From: Freeman Robert - IL <FREEMANR@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx '" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 12:15:13 -0600

Folks,

Please forgive me for this short, one time, interruption to celebrate my 8th
book... Portable DBA: Oracle. The book is designed as a portable reference
for the DBA. As such it has:

1. A chapter with example "how to" SQL commands. Good for the beginner DBA
and those DBA's like me who have brain fade from time to time.

2. An appendix with the SQL command Syntax.

3. Chapters on the most commonly used SQL commands, with examples of use and
also with tables that explain what to do about the most common errors.

I really kind of designed this book for ME, because I hate online
documentation. I hope you will find it of use to you.

I invite your comments or suggestions for improvement, clarification, *gasp*
error corrections, at the email address listed in the book. I hope you will
find the book of use, and (you will probably never hear an author say this)
if you *don't* please return it and get your money back.

Cheers and happy holidays!

Robert G. Freeman
Management Consultant
TUSC - The Oracle Experts www.tusc.com