Re: Please help to debug strange execution plan

  • From: Michael Seiwert <mseiwert@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 12:05:05 +0200

Yes, I think this the problem, but the question is why doesn't oracle choose this accespath.

Best,

Michael

Jared Still schrieb:
On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 2:53 AM, Michael Seiwert <mseiwert@xxxxxx <mailto:mseiwert@xxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi List,

    I have two identical queries which differ only in the search term
    of the contains clause. Both queries produce completely different
    execution plans and execution times.
    If I run the the following query with searchterm 'spartacus' in
    the contains clause  the query executes within 2 seconds, if I run
    the same query with searchterm 'tatort' the query returns in about
    20 minutes. Please see the attached explain plans for details.
    Could you please help me to debug this  as I want to understand
    why oracle behaves how it behaves :-) I'll could provide more
    information such as view definition, 10046, 10053 traces if  needed.

The spartacus query is using the domain index (CTX) while the tatort query is not.

Don't know if you noticed that bit or not, you didn't mention.

--
Jared Still