RE: Please advice sql server vs. Oracle

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 09:00:11 +0100

I wondered the same thing, but then IIRC SQLServer was ruling the TPC roost in
2002 - and Oracle folks were busy explaining that it was a meaningless
benchmark <irony> I'm not sure if it remains a meaningless benchmark now 10g is
on top </irony>

I thought it was a pretty good paper - though I was intrigued by the method
used to determine how many dbas a site needed with dbas servicing not databases
but users.

Cheers

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
Audit Commission
+44 117 975 7805

This email contains information intended for
the addressee only.  It may be confidential
and may be the subject of legal and/or
professional privilege.  Any dissemination,
distribution, copyright or use of this
communication without prior permission of
the sender is strictly prohibited.