Re: Please a parameter to disable undo, like _disable_logging

  • From: Paul Drake <bdbafh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 09:25:06 -0400

Tim,

I"m not so sure that they are always dropped cleanly (smells like a bug)
win32, 10.1.0.3 Std Ed.
The test case is
1 app tablespace of interest, 4MB uniform extents LMT, 6 datafiles of 1 GB each
2 tables, each an IOT
according to dba_segments, slightly less than 4 GB is allocated to the
2 segments.
according to dba_free_space, there is less than 20 MB free for the
entire tablespace.

using direct load against 2 IOTs, single load process.
Dark matter, perhaps?

I did see some sys-owned segments referred to in v$session_longops
like "SYS.ORA_TEMP_1_nnn" but those may have been for gathering of
statistics and not for maintenance of the (PK) index.

Paul