Plan change after moving to 10g 10.2.0.3

  • From: hrishy <hrishys@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 07:44:43 +0000 (GMT)

Hi

I have a very simple query (which i should be able to post after i have acesses
to it) where the plan has changed NL using a index to Hash join on a simple two
table join after migrating to 10.2.0.3.

My question is
Has anybody encountered such a situation after migarting from 9i to 10g RAC ?
Will oracle support guys help me if i give them the good and the bad plans and
the 10053 traces ? (is this covered as part of metalink support contract)

I am clueless on how come a simpel two table join with no partitioning a query
could go bad.

regards
Hrishy

One solution is to resorting to hints which i dont want to in this case as it
is ugly.