Re: Pinning Packages on the shared pool

  • From: Fuad Arshad <fuadar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx, prabhu_adam@xxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 10:48:10 -0700 (PDT)

on very busy systems , ERP type systems or systems where there is less memory
available . I have seen that  happen where objects coming in are greating that
available chunks this causing  a full flush before bringing  these objects back
in.
Not all databases fit in these circumtances and with memory being cheap people
can have enough to the point where memory flushes from LRU dont happen . but
there will always be cases and pinning objects help you ensure that the more
critical objects are not the ones that are impacted.