Re: Physical CPU? or multicore?

I'm curious as to how you arrived at this, like at least the web links
if not the internal testing, though why you would do internal testing
just of the CPU I'm not sure.

AFAIK you cannot buy any system that has single nehalem cores. That
is, you can only buy that CPU in multi-core variants. I believe the
same is true of other multi-core CPUs that are available today. (as an
aside I believe that "standard"  CPUs today are multicore anyway but I
digress).

So I'm just unsure what you compared with what and how.

Having said all that the CPU is not the unit of measurement I am not
concerned with. How many IOPS against given storage (or if really
pushed Java/C# TPS) would be my measurement, and it would be on a
per-server basis.

cheers

Niall

--