Re: Pet Peeve

  • From: "Gints Plivna" <gints.plivna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 00:42:52 +0200

I'll add fuel to the fire :)
This however is not about metalink but about OTN. One of the most
famous thread in OTN is about inability to change e-mail already for
at least a few years
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=332623&tstart=0

The most funny thing is that some days ago I received OTN tech blast
with following text
"Five Million and Counting

I can hardly believe it, but OTN membership passed the 5-million
benchmark in 2006. But why should you care?

[some text skipped]

Justin Kestelyn, Editor-in-Chief, OTN"

So probably inability to change e-mails is just another opportunity to
raise the membership numbers? :)))

Gints Plivna
http://www.gplivna.eu

2007/1/12, Charles Schultz <sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx>:
Agreed. I have always been negatively amazed at how poor the searching on
metalink was. I have been asking for a utility to text search owned TAR/SRs
for years, and they still have nothing. They would do well to make an
investment and hire some folks to revamp their flagship Support web site.