Re: Permission to see the procedures

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 15:21:29 -0500, Kline.Michael
<Michael.Kline@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The development folks would like to be able to view the procedures,
> packages, etc., on a production reporting database, but we do *NOT* want
> them to be able change anything.
>
> This is sort of like a "read only" access to packages, procedures,
> triggers, etc.
>
> I would think this would be like a "select any view" but I don't see any
> thing there.
>
> Can this be done by granting some sort of privs to a role and then
> giving them the role?

There is the dba_source view.  I've created a procedure before that
pretty prints the source and given the devs exec privs.  That keeps
them out of the data dictionary, and the procedure allows you to have
close control over who sees what, if that is your business need.

That was developed back in O7.  There might be a new feature since
then that makes this easier.

Steven