RE: Perl on Windows

  • From: "Reidy, Ron" <Ron.Reidy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>, "ORACLE-L (E-mail)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 09:07:24 -0700

Nial,

For leanring Perl in general, you can invest get a hold of 'Programming =
Perl' from O'Reilly.  There are some Windows specific Perl books written =
by Dave Roth that I have used when DBAing on a Windows platform.

For really in depth stuff, you should look at Tom Christianson's 'Perl =
Cookbook' (O'Reilly again) and on http://www.activestate.com for their =
Perl cookbook pages.

If you are interested in an IDE, look at Komodo from ActiveState.

Ron Reidy
Lead DBA
Array BioPharma, Inc.