Re: Perl and DBI Info From Tim Bunce (dtd July 2004)

  • From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 12:01:50 +0200

ora_explain.pl (slightlyy readable in the title-bar of the app) appears
to be a perl application (surprise ;-) ),
and google finds it in the index of Andy Duncans and Jareds book Perl
for Oracle DBA's.
Some further searches showed Andy Duncans reply in a dbi-users mailing
list archive where he wrote:

> For examples of Perl/Tk database programs, you may also want to look at Alan
> Burlison's OraExplain program, which comes within the DBD::Oracle download
> tarball, or the Orac program, which I started a couple of years ago after
> discovering Perl/Tk in the back of the "Advanced Perl" book:

(http://www.mail-archive.com/dbi-users@xxxxxxxx/msg06116.html)

So downloading DBD::Oracle should do the job.
Still wondering how JKSTILL got displayed as first user of the
SQL-statement on slide 13 of the presentation.

Thanks for your post, perl is gaining priority in my everlasting
to-do/to-learn list.
Best regards,

Carel-Jan Engel

===