Re: Performance tuning approach for connection pooling apps !

Hi,
I am assuming that you are aware of the potenial operation that is slow
(say 2 out of 10) and you are looking for a mechanism to isolate and
trace/diagnose the operation but faced with the problem that you are not
able to identify the session that corresponds to the slow opertion because
the sessions/connections are pooled in the middle tier.

i can think of 2 strategies and you could use one of them

1) trace all sessions for a period of x mins....5 mins/10 mins and search
the trace files for the keywords of the SQL/table that is involved in the
slow operation and then tkprof the specific trace file
2) make an application change to use dbms_monitor api call for the specific
slow operation and trace

hope this helps

best regards

sriram kumar