Performance - quick question

  • From: mek s <sidi.bouzid.meknessy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 10:33:09 +0100

Hello,
We are using RAC 11gR2 under Redhat Linux 5 (4 nodes). We are in the
process of testing the performance of our system before pushing it to
production.

Application team will inject load testing and we take the decision to
consider the database servers are highly loaded when the CPU usage of DB
server will be 70% of usage (this is just a number we decided (DB team) ).

We need to collect from database side some metrics like Storage IOPS (Read
+ Write) and TPS so then we can say; For this number of transactions /
seconds we reached this number of IOPS storage. so we will have an idea of
the performance limit our system can reach (baseline).

I believe these metrics can be found in AWR reports, right? Any idea of the
way to get them calculated? Please share your experience,this is the first
time, I do it.

Cheers,